Friday, January 7, 2011

Jail Update

This is all kind of just a big pain in the ass... that seems to want to last forever.  Like with most everything that ever happens though, you can choose how you handle it.

I had thought there was a chance I would have cuffs slapped on today and I would begin my (likely) 300day sentence in the dumpy asshole of Wisconsin that is Waukesha, (I cannot think of a place on Earth I would like to be less).  Well, that's not what happened.  I really don't want my life to remain stalled for much longer as a result of this, so I'm going to begin looking for work of some type and continue to work diligently on myself.  Certainly it involves getting out of the house as much as possible and fostering new relationships.

The whole issue is that the DA offered 300 days with a 50 day reduction based on my completion of the majority of a treatment program.  I haven't fulfilled enough of it to qualify and if I plead today I would have to go directly to jail, without passing go.  So a trial date was set for April and I have until then to do the best I can with the time I have and not go insane.  Without any doubt at all, at that time I will have to go to jail for 250 days.  Seems like a lot... but it certainly could have been worse and I clearly deserve every moment I spend in there. 

It is important that I stop dabbling in a dead life and start building a new one.  If I'm not making progress everyday towards something meaningful, I may as well be in jail right now.

The support I've received has been remarkable.

Thank you all so much.
Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment