Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Blogosphere and Bloggo Dos

Actually, it's not so much a sphere as it is a giant river of sewage, sour milk and HIV that flows eternally in a figure eight.

There are something like 200 million blogs.  Think about that, that's 2 Mexicos!  That like if no one in the world had a blog except everyone in Mexico and each Mexican had two.  Think of all the Telenovela blogs and blogs dedicated to churros, propeller hats and Shakira (literally everything I know about Mexico I learned from Univision).  No matter who is churning out the content, when you have that many blogs there's a lot of just horrifyingly unnecessary thought barf to sift through to find something worth reading.  That's about 198.5 million people who think they're interesting enough that someone might give a dick (citation needed) about their philosophies and experiences, 500k or so that are just bored, 950k who are just miserable and desperate for attention, 49,999 who have some talent and then there's me.  I'm a hybrid of all of the above.  The trouble with that is I'm wildly unfocused, instead of being a great writer with continuity I'm like six average writers all in one and they all hate each other.  My brain is like a bee hive the size of an SUV full of fluttering butterflies, buzzing bees and whimsy.  Now picture that bee hive hanging off of a bridge over troubled water... and the bee hive has terminal cancer and a tape worm.

So... in an effort to further pollute and disrespect the universe of art and creativity I'm going to open a second blog called, (insert creative and pretentious blog name here), that will be used for light hearted whimsical funny stuff and negative, hateful and dastardly diatribes about this or that, people seem to really like it when I make fun of them, so I'll do my best to keep that up.  This blog will remain as it stands and will be more focused on things associated with its title.  It won't always be a heartbreaking tear jerker, but there will, no doubt be plenty of that.  "Memoirs of a sick addict" should really include more journaling and thoughts about my life and experiences.  This is really just an effort to focus myself creatively, so I can pump out more content in writing instead of just letting it evaporate out of my ears to be lost forever.

Long story short, because I'm an emotionally overwhelmed, scatterbrained jerk-off I'm going to have 2 blogs... and that's really because I don't just think I'M interesting I think I'm twice as interesting as I did before.

Kissy Kissy,
Tyler

1 comment: